Well that doesn't quite fit with my experience.

Let's agree our definitions.

Mailbox-enabled = Exchange Mailbox; probably an Outlook client user;
Mail-enabled = non-Exchange Mailbox, either a truly external user with a
relationship to the organisation (ie, a Contact) or an internal person on a
different Mail system.

So the mail-enabled user can send mail, but obviously not from within
Exchange/Outlook - in my case they are Domino users, so they use a Notes client
and connect to the Domino server. I use the Connector for Lotus Notes to provide
the link between the two environments. My Exchange users ('Mailbox-enabled'
users) can certainly send to them, and the mail-enabled users appear in the GAL.

Tom

"Stephen I. Woolhead" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/09/2001 12:54:57

Please respond to "MS-Exchange Admin Issues"
      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>