Title: Message
Yes you are missing something. You need to read up on the MSExchange Disaster Recovery Whitepaper.
Everything you seek to know is there.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Kevan Dickinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 7:04 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Cc: Mark Newton
Subject: RE: Backing up Exchange with Veritas Backup Exec 8.x

Using Deleted Items Retention is OK for recovering individual messages but what happens if the whole Mailbox is Corrupt.
If you have not Backed Up individual Mailboxes and you need to recover One individuals Mail Box by restoring the whole of Exchange, then everyone would lose their mail up to the last Back Up.

If I am missing something here please correct me.

We also use BackUp Exec and have had no problems with it so far,

Kevan Dickinson