OWA only opens port 80.  Like a website.

OWA with SSL uses only port 443.

William

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael David [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 12:06 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: POP access to email

We are currently not using OWA or POP to get outside mail due to
managements concerns with security of email content and the irritating
way they keep everything ever sent to them in their mailbox.  My
exchange server is inside a firewall with a relay machine outside which
only allows outside SMTP from that relay machine.  How significant is
opening the firewall and exposing the interior network to OWA?  Can
someone point me to pro/con security information on OWA so I can present
it as a viable solution to remote mail.

Thanks,
Michael David
IT Coordinator