From: Lefkovics, William [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 07 September 2001 22:04
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Reclaiming Disk Space

Offline backups do not allow you recovery to point of failure, only to point
of last backup.  In a restore, you would lose all subsequent information.

Circular logging is fine if you are only doing offline backups, but again
you are losing out on a valuable feature of the product, to recover to point
of failure.

I didn't say you were using an ArghServeIT agent, only that they suck.

NTBackup ships with Windows.  Applying Exchange to the server essentially
makes NTBackup "exchange aware" allowing online backups.  The 2 main
benefits of online backups: redovery to point of failure and continued use
of Exchange during backup.

I suspect the resources are NDR's without an admin account associated?  Try
going into IMS propertes to the Internet Mail tab.  Is there an
administrators mailbox set there?

If you can't afford drives then perhaps Exchange is not the best product for
your company.

While we're there... in the application event log, how much white space is
indicated in event id 1221, which should be running each night?

William