Title: Message
Your logic is still flawed.

>> regaining 2 GB worth of space is worthy of running eseutil on a monthly basis.

1) The space you think you are recovering is getting used up again anyway.  If the numbers you indicate are consistent, then your priv.edb would actually REMAIN the same physical file size on the hard drive and it would be happy as a lamb.

>>to keep Exchange running 24/7 it is a necessary procedure.

2) Obviously it isn't.  You shut the thing down for hours a month.  Mine haven't been down for more than two hours total in the last 3 years.

But it works for you.....