Try "resetimc.exe".  It blows away any corrupted messages caught in the info
store.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Harrison [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 11:59 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Information store keeps stopping with error

I can't add much to the solution here, but could I add a tag on question
concerning corrupt messages in the Information Store. I have a corrupt
message which is causing a failed status on my backups each evening. Usually
I just have the user delete the corrupted message and life goes on. I'd like
to get to the bottom of what corrupts a message and how I can recover it
from its corrupted state. I will read the articles below but I notice you
said they were about the IMC.