Title: Message
I see NAI haven't improved the uninstall procedure for Groupshield between 4.0 and 4.5 then. Oh joy.

Not wishing to put a damper on things, but in the past I've built a new Exchange server into a site and moved the users to it rather than trying to remove GroupShield. It's easier that way, trust me. I don't think a server is ever quite the same again once that software has been installed. :(
-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Toon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 12 December 2001 17:50
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Errors uninstalling Groupshield 4.5

The manual removal shown below is from NAI knowledge base.

Uninstalling Groupshield Exchange 4.5

  1. Open Exchange Administrator in RAW mode(admin.exe /r )

  2. From the Configuration Level, expand Add-Ins

  3. Delete all Network Associates Add-ins (there will be between 1 and 5)

  4. Expand the Sever container within Exchange Administrator

  5. Highlight the Exchange Server name

  6. Delete the Network Associates Groupshield Exchange object

  7. Delete the Network Associates Hidden recipient.

    4.5 - Groupshield Exchange (servername) - Highlight the Recipients container for your
    site. Choose 'Hidden Recipients' from the View menu. Delete the
    "Groupshield Exchange (servername) recipient"

  8. Verify that the "Groupshield Exchange (servername)" objects are not present

  9. Exit Exchange Administrator

  10. Open Regedit 32 (regedt32.exe) and remove the following registry keys (if they exist):
    Notes that "Legacy Keys" will require a permission change
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Network Associates
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions\GroupShield Exchange Client Extensions (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{C1DB3DA9-E0AB-4083-9140-8A244A264D0D}
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\McAfee\McALSNMP (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)

    (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\Extension Agents\McALSNMP

    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AlertManager (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AVExch32Service
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\AVUPDService
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Network Associates Log Service
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Outbreak Manager

    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ALERTMANAGER (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_AVEXCH32SERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_AVUPDSERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NETWORK ASSOCIATES LOG SERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\Root\LEGACY_OUTBREAK MANAGER

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AlertManager (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AVExch32Service
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\AVUPDService
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Network Associates Log Service
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Outbreak Manager
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ALERTMANAGER (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_AVEXCH32SERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_AVUPDSERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NETWORK ASSOCIATES LOG SERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\Root\LEGACY_OUTBREAK MANAGER

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\AlertManager (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\AVExch32Service
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\AVUPDService
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Network Associates Log Service
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Outbreak Manager

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ALERTMANAGER (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_AVEXCH32SERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_AVUPDSERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NETWORK ASSOCIATES LOG SERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Enum\Root\LEGACY_OUTBREAK MANAGER

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\AlertManager (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\AVExch32Service
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\AVUPDService
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\Network Associates Log Service
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\Outbreak Manager

    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_ALERTMANAGER (Do not remove if Netshield is installed on the Exchange server)
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_AVEXCH32SERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_AVUPDSERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_NETWORK ASSOCIATES LOG SERVICE
    HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Enum\Root\LEGACY_OUTBREAK MANAGER

  11. Delete the following files/directories (if they are present)
    C:\program files\network associates\tvd\groupshield exchange
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates (Do not delete if you have NetShield on the server)
    C:\exchsrvr\ADD-INS\NaiSAdm

  12. Open Outlook (using the profile which has access to the quarantine folder & the Forms Library)
    This profile is usually the Exchange Site Service Account

  13. Open the Forms Manager (this will vary slightly with different versions of Outlook).
    In Outlook 2000
    Tools>Options>Other tab>Advanced Options>Custom Forms>Manage Forms

  14. Highlight and Delete the Network Associates Forms
    Antivirus Report Form (may be two)
    Antivirus On-Demand Form (may be two)
    Antivirus Lockout Form
    Antivirus Installation