I had the same type of problem with a corrupt database with no good
backups.  We worked with MS and ended up shipping them a tape with an
off-line backup of the bad databases and they were able to extract almost
all the email from it.  Now at the same time the company had agreed to sign
up for a Permier support contract, (lots of bucks).    So, if you talk to
the right people and have enough $$$$ they can get mail out of the
database.

Larry Manno
3RD Level Backoffice Support
Phone: 813-978-6531
Pager: 813-216-1086 pin 1821284
EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      "Todd Wood"

                      <twood@peterbuil         To:      "MS-Exchange Admin Issues"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      t.com>                   cc:

                                               Subject: RE: Database recovery help

                      01/09/2002 09:35

                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to "MS-Exchange

                      Admin Issues"

Unfortunately not this time.  I don't know if they have the option of
taking the database and working on it but they did not offer that solution.
I believe the exchange database is so sensitive to corruption that there
isn't much that can be done once it is corrupted, unlike a SQL database.  I
know SQL can be difficult to deal with but at least you can extract
individual tables to recover some data.  I also don't like the fact that
the Exchange database relys so heavily on log files.

Todd

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/09/02 05:44PM >>>
I thought MS, for the right price of course, could recover more of the
data.