Title: RE: Replication

Dennis is 100% correct and because of the way Exchange engrains itself into NT, you are better off wiping the server and starting over. Just select the OWA portion when Exchange setup runs. Make sure it finds the IIS directory location. Recommend D$ as default path and not C$ with all the tmp files that are constantly written. Also don't forget that all important SP for Exchange/NT at the end. As a rule, most folks do NT's SP last... My view is slightly skewed and I always install the most current SP last be it NOS, or MS Application.

My .02 cents
-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Atherton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 2:40 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Replication

Yes.

Only needs IIS and OWA Component.

-----Original Message-----
From: Garland Mac Neill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2002 1:56 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues

Ok, let me start over.....

I have 2 servers with Exchange setup. One is my OWA server, W2K sp2, Exchange is fully loaded. (Which I think is where I messed up) My Second server is my Real Exchange server on NT4 sp6.

What I'm trying to determine is if I screwed up when I put loaded the full version of Exchange on what I had wanted as my OWA server.