Title: RE: Priv.edb not decreasing despite deleting & moving mailboxes

We use Backup Exec, and we backup the mailboxes AND information store.. So we do both types of backups
Our 20 GB database (online backups) takes about 10 hours

-----Original Message-----
From: Benjamin Winzenz [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, January 31, 2002 8:54 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Priv.edb not decreasing despite deleting & moving mailboxes

Well, uh, you know, uh, you could always check your event logs and they would, uh, tell you how much white space you have.  What kind of backups are you doing?  Brick-level? (Gasp!).  If you are doing normal online Exchange-aware backups, it should take maybe 2 hours max to back up a 15 gb database.  We have a 7 gb priv, and it takes about 40 minutes to back up. Please share the details of how you perform backups and we can further assist.

Ben Winzenz, MCSE
Network/Systems Administrator
Peregrine Systems, Inc.