I'd agree with the 3rd party - we have various internal systems (MVS,
Tandem, most flavors of unix, various web servers in addition to our
primary end users mail system) that can send and in many cases receive
internet mail - our 3rd party system sits between all these and our
internet facing sendmail relays - does virus scanning, content
(including spam) filtering, attachment blocking, S/MIME proxying etc.
for all of them.  The only thing not handled by an external 3rd party
system is cleaning up internal mailboxes should a virus get in somehow.

Martin Blackstone wrote:

>  No, I don't. Its just a matter of preference. I don't want to have to
> go trudging through all the false positives for this stuff. It isn't
> my fault or my problem that my users put their email address in every
> site on the net, then wonder why they get so much spam.

"WorldSecure Server <safeway.com>" made the following
 annotations on 02/13/02 13:49:31
Warning:
All e-mail sent to this address will be received by the Safeway corporate e-mail
system, and is subject to archival and review by someone other than the recipient.
This e-mail may contain information proprietary to Safeway and is intended only for
the use of the intended recipient(s).  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient(s), you are notified that you have received this message in error
and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately.

List Charter and FAQ at: