In addition to all the other tips people have given you on the server
side of this, take a look at the workstations and scan for mass-mailing
worms, virus, trojans, etc...

-----Original Message-----
From: Salas, Frankie [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 11:29 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Security Assistance (Urgent)

I'm new to network admin (2 weeks on the job) and wanted to know if
someone can guide me the right way.

Received a message from my director stating that he received a call that
someone is getting spammed from two people at our company (about 75
messages a day).  The two people said that they do not know the person
or the e-mail address in question.  My question is "What is my next
step?"

Frankie Salas, MCP
Systems Support Coordinator/Network Administrator
Sirote & Permutt, P.C.
2311 Highland Avenue South
Birmingham, AL 35205
E-Mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Facsimile:   (205) 930-5201

NOTICE:  This communication is not encrypted and may contain privileged
or other confidential information.  If you are not the intended
recipient or believe that you may have received this communication in
error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and delete the
copy you received.  In addition, you should not print, copy, retransmit,
disseminate, or otherwise use the information.  THANK YOU.

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at:

List Charter and FAQ at: