Yikes!  CA people told me that brick level only should be used for 200 users
max IN ADDITION to the normal backup.  After 200 users your backup window
starts to get very large.  I'd be leery of the CA person that told you that,
it couldn't have been a SE or support person (I'm hoping anyway).

-----
Ken Leyba
Windows/Exchange System Administrator
http://www.csudh.edu/exchange
California State University Dominguez Hills