The clients are faculty and staff.  The idea is to protect from the Internet
and the rest of the campus.  Most clients are part of the domain, so yes, we
have the domain logins as well as the Exchange.  Others are just POP/SMTP
clients, faculty mostly.  We have some other kludges in place that require
more ports open on the firewall (e.g. DNS zone transfers).  I just wanted to
do a brain check and make sure that I'm not making a big deal out of this
and resisting too much.

Ken

-----
Ken Leyba
Windows/Exchange System Administrator
California State University Dominguez Hills

List Charter and FAQ at: