LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!  On a side note, just because I am interested in knowing
a little about people before I start trying things people suggest, what
is "your" background, ie MSCE, MCP, MBA, MD, no college/never graduated
with a degree?  The reason I ask is I went to college for 1 1/2 years,
ran out of $$$$$$$ and left college, decided I didn't know what I wanted
to do with my life, so I started working with computers and just kept
with it.  I have no certifications, all my knowledge is based on real
world situations and reading through groups like this and "playing" on
test machines.  I have been able to mess with a lot of different
technology such as: wireless networking, SAN's, ip based phones,
POTS/PBX lines, AS400's, SCO, Linux, DOS, 9x, NT/2k and much more.  That
being said, is there any real reason to have something on paper saying I
am a MCSE, MCP, CCNA, GOB (Good ol' Boy), etc?  If you were hiring
someone, how much weight does paper have in regards to real world of
IT/IS?  I am content with my current position as sys admin, but just
curious as my parents are still asking me if I plan to go back to
college at some point, I am a youngin, 25.  I don't think, at this point
in time, there is ANY reason to get a degree, but think that maybe some
extra letters on my name might get me more money/better title/more
respect.  Hope I don't get flamed for stealing the thread, but I thought
this kinda fit in with the OT bone head questions.  Thoughts or comments
please?

Thanks,

Mike