From: Rosenbaum, Fred [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, April 18, 2002 1:00 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Backup/Restore using Windows 2000 NTBackup

>Or maybe I should ask. If you do remote backups of Exchange Server, with
>NTBackup, how do you do a recovery to any one or more of these Exchange
>Servers with NTBackup?

>[Once you have successful backup, the information store and directory can
be
>restored to the same Exchange Servers where the backup was performed from
>before OR any other Exchange Servers, during the restore process, NTBackup
>will let you choose those options.]

A remote Exchange Server expects to be able to get a hold of the log and
patch files from a directory given in NTBackup, by the user, during the
restore process.

If this remote Exchange Server, and the remote NTBackup do not share the
same named directory, such as a common shared directory to both machines
named the same, such as "T:\RestoreTemp", then you will not restore.

If, in NTBackup, I indicate a directory for these log and patch files as
"C:\RestoreTemp", the Exchange Server will try to look on its local