We all know it works .. That's not the question. The question is what
paper MCSE+I student is consulting them stating it is a good idea.
Especially since he/she is also getting less work out of it by only
installing one server and not two. You may really want to re-consider
your consultant as not just uninformed but a bad business person that
probably wont be around for too much longer :).

If I had my choice I would probably put 3 servers in every client we do.
Considering even a base server of any importance is 2-3k, and our
installation is about 2k, it gets pricey pretty quick and not everyone
can afford it. I could always find ms papers to support putting
everything on its own server. I would be hard pressed to find one that
recommends all-in-one. Oh wait! I could sell SBS 2000 :)

List Charter and FAQ at: