Hi, I've been asked to upgrade our Windows NT4 domain to Active Directory.
 We are currently using Exchange 5.5, and I would hope to move to Exchange
2000 in due course.  However, I think upgrading both at the same time may
be a bit too much work.  Is it possible to continue running Exchange 5.5
with all the users being in AD ?  Is the AD connector essential in these
circumstances.  I played with this scenario in a test environment, and
after upgrading the domain, I was still able to access Exchange without
installing the AD connector.  I was under the impression that AD connector
HAD to be used after upgrading.

My AD domain name and NT domain names were the same, ie. DOMAINNAME became
DOMAINNAME.AD.

I'm a bit confused as to the role of the AD connector in this scenario.

Thanks,

Tony.

List Charter and FAQ at: