From: Schwartz, Jim [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 11:05 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange escalation engineer (OT)

Exchange MVP's go both ways?

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2007 11:02 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues

You need to ask question like work-life balance from a MSFT employee. I
will say that I get the impression that it depends on your role and what
team you are on and how long ago the most recent service pack was
released. :-P

Two years ago, 80% of the Exchange Rangers (now Exchange Architects)
were MSFT employees. I don't know how/if that has changed with Exchange
2007.

There are a lot of ex-MVPs who now work at MSFT. And a fair number of
current MVPs who used to work at MSFT. It goes both ways.

MSFT Consulting Services (MCS) employees spend 80% of their time on the
road. For some of them, that just means they drive down the street. For
most, it means airports and hotels.

PSS generally stays at home; except for premier engineering that may be
deployed in 'fly and fix' situations.

I'm not clear on the escalation backend on how you get from 'a' to 'b'.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith
MCSE/Exchange MVP
http://TheEssentialExchange.com