Ok, I've got a lot to do and sort through.

Also the comments about the SAN volumes causing my issue... they may be closer
than I initially thought.

One of our other production systems is sharing the disks that my Exchange LUN
is living on... that users on that system have been running processes that are
pounding the system pretty hard, including the disk, and this all started last
Friday.

Coincidence??? probably not.

I'll keep digging, now at least I have directions to dig that may give me good
answers.

Thanks a bunch.