By default Enterprise Admins and IIRC Domain admins are explicitly
denied access to users mailboxes. Check the following link for some info
on how to do give an account full access to mailboxes.

http://www.petri.co.il/grant_full_mailbox_rights_on_exchange_2000_2003.h
tm

Also check out this link: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=259221 which
explains how to add the security tab to all objects in System Manager.

However if you need to open only one folder in a users mailbox then get
that user to manually give you permission on the specific folder which
should work.

This is a MAPI permissions thing versus an AD permissions thing.

Also check out the Microsoft article on MAPI and AD permissions.

If you are trying to open the entire mailbox without the user being
aware then there are potential privacy and legal compliance issues to be
aware of.

What I've done is I've created a separate User account that I can on an
ad hoc basis give access to other mailboxes for the time I need and then
remove it when I'm done.  This account is not a member of any of the
domain admin or enterprise admin groups.

Best of luck with this.

Regards

Peter Johnson