Do you allow OWA?  If so, then a Blackberry user can sync their email.  I
didn't believe it either until a coworker just showed me.  No BES needed, no
POP, no IMAP.  I only allow 443 into the OWA.

It is truly synch'd too.  Not just a browser view, but the email is
downloaded to the device.  Worse, the password is now stored on the device.