Ya, that would be one I would want to test on a dev box first.  I would
test it for you, but my dev servers are all variations of 4.1.x

From: David Mazzaccaro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:34 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Disable R3AD Receipts from Blackberries?

FROM:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Handhelds_-_PDAs/Q_22628158.htm

In BES Version 4.1 SP4, you can prevent users from sending read receipt
messages on their BlackBerry devices. Perform the following actions:

1.On the BES open the Registry Editor.

2.Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Research In Motion\BlackBerry
Enterprise Server\Agents.

3.Right-click SuppressReadReceipts. Click Modify.

4.Perform one of the following actions:

"To prevent users from sending read receipt messages, type 0.

"To allow users to send read receipt messages, type 1.

     5.Click OK

If SuppressReadReceipts is not available, you can create a DWORD Value
and name it SuppressReadReceipts and change the value to 0.

Please note this will take effect for all users on the BlackBerry Server
and cannot be configured on an individual user basis.

I wonder if I can add this reg key to my v4.0????

Hmmm.....