From: Paul Everett [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2008 8:38 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: email archiving

I'm sure this topic has come up before so excuse me it this is old hat.
We are looking at an email archive solution from an outside vendor.  I don't
know much about it except they put an appliance on our network and turn
Journaling "on" on our Exchange server, and it's wildly expensive.
Can someone give me an "in-a-nutshell" explanation of how this works?  Is this
the best solution for our money?  Any alternatives?  We are a non-profit
behavioral health facility trying to stay HIPAA compliant.
We have a 2003 Domain w/Exchange 2003.  Approx 250 mailboxes and right now my
total mail store is 30 gigs (priv and pub).

Thanks,

Paul Everett
IS Dept.
Lee Mental Health Center
239-791-1551

"Lee Mental Health Center, Inc. providing services through Ruth Cooper Center
for Behavioral Health Care and VISTA Behavioral Crisis Services.  Visit our
website at www.leementalhealth.org<blocked::http://www.leementalhealth.org/> to
learn more."

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
distribution is prohibited.   If you are not the intended recipient, please
message, including attachments.