Hi Paul,

My environment is almost exactly as yours.
We are a Non-Profit entity also.

We have been using GFI Mail Archiver with SQL Server 2005 which has
worked well, however some of the Exchange MVP's may state that
Journaling is not a good choice due to the fact it could cause high CPU
usage however we have not seen that occur in this environment...yet!

YMMV!

If I had it to do over again, I would choose another program. One I have
looked at is from MailTrust, www.Mailtrust.com
<http://www.Mailtrust.com>  or you can go with the one offered by our
host, Sunbelt-Software, which looks very nice indeed called, Sunbelt
Exchange Archiver.

You have to decide if you want to host your own archival solution or
outsource.
Both have their Pro's and Con's, the biggest negative being security of
information in the email's archived if you outsource and loss of
control.

HTH some,
Tom