Right.  But how about in this case:

The message is being originated from a web-app, being sent via an
authenticated connection to my Exchange server.  Failure NDRs do not
seem to be landing back to the return-path (assigned to a public
folder).

However, status delay NDRs do.  Its just the failure replies that seem
to not.  I'm perplexed to say the least.

If a PF can indeed accept a failure NDR, then my next guess is that
the 'envelope sender' used by the .NET hook is perhaps different that
what the web guys configured as the return-path...

--
ME2