We use a Verisign cert and the iPhone (3G) still couldn't "..Verify the
certificate". Pressed OK and it all worked, but I'm a bit dubious about
it.

-----Original Message-----
From: James Wells [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 July 2008 17:13
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Ok it's starting BB to iPone

That's a pretty good question...and WM5/6 devices have the same issue.

There is actually an 'iPhone Configuration Utility' that you can use
to locally provision settings/lock down an iPhone with for Enterprise
use.  One of the tabs lets you install your own certs, in case you use
internal PKI for the OWA/EAS SSL.

But if you use something from a large cert house (Thawte, Verisign,
etc). you should be safe.

--James

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Sam Cayze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I wonder what type of SSL certs they accept.  Each device has a
> different list of SSL CAs, right?

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>