On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:41 AM, Sobey, Richard A
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In my opinion this is a problem with your Public Folder server or Public
> Folder database. I assume he can open his mailbox normally - so why
> would you be trying to troubleshoot his mailbox? :)

  I took "tried to setup his profile on a different client machine and
the problem is even worse, as I can't even get it past the welcome
message before it hangs with an hour glass" to mean that Outlook was
hanging on startup, unable to access his mailbox at all, let alone
public folders.  Some of my suggestions were based on that assumption.
 So if my interpretation was wrong, some of my suggestions won't make
much sense.

-- Ben