I did a little research and it seems they maybe still using BSD for DNS purposes. Kat might know more about that though.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael B. Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MS-Exchange Admin Issues" <exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:19 AM
Subject: RE: Hotmail

I didn't know that you hung around here. Are you new to the mailing list, or
are you a lurker?

I think the question of the OP was whether HM is completely on MSFT-based
solutions now, or does it still have a foot (or more) in the open-source
world?

Regards,

Michael B. Smith, MCITP:SA,EMA/MCSE/Exchange MVP
My blog: http://TheEssentialExchange.com/blogs/michael