Not that it makes it OK - because it doesn't - but much of what we call MOC
(Microsoft Official Curriculum) is not written by Microsoft. It's written by
a number of companies (recently, some includes even me!) that specialize in
producing courseware or "dumbing down" highly technical data into something
usable by your 'average Joe'.

Once the courseware company completes the work, they hand it over to
Microsoft, who then massages it to fit the preconceived notion they have of
what courseware should look like.

And, sometimes, this is just wrong.

I recently produced a document to be used in an upcoming training course
where the Microsoft consultant responsible for reviewing the content
disagreed with something I wrote. I am NOT suggesting that I know EVERYTHING
- because I don't. Not by far. Believe me, I make mistakes all the time.

But in this case, I _knew_ I was right and she was wrong. It took getting
someone involved on the product team involved before she would believe me...

And I can tell you - I don't think that most courseware people will go to
that effort. It's not worth it. If I had it to do over, I probably would've
let the point slide.

So...that would be a v1 error that might - or might not - get corrected in
v2 of the courseware. Depends on who does the update and who reviews it. No
process is perfect.

I took an electronic version of a v1 MOC course early this year and I bugged
82 errors. Yes, 82. And that courseware was produced by a very reputable
supplier.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith, MCITP:SA,EMA/MCSE/Exchange MVP
My blog: http://TheEssentialExchange.com/blogs/michael