These types of NDRs drive me crazy. Here is one option if you have a pretty typical setup. Typical setup: incoming mail comes in through a spam gateway device/server, but outgoing mail leaves through your exchange server. All legit NDRs should be communicating directly with the sending smtp server. If an NDR hits your spam server, then it would be backscatter from spam. You could set your spam gateway to block or quarantine these false NDRs. They do the user no good anyway.

Bill

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Exchange 2003 SP2. We occaisionaly have users who get a few NDRs over a couple of days from reipients they did not send to because of spammers spoofing their email address. At 12:15 I have a user who began getting hundreds of NDRs obviously as a result of a spammer sedning out a bulk email package. These are coming in so fast the user is having a hard time keeping up with the deleting. Anyway to prevent this crap?
Thanks.