I bet *you* have  :-)

________________________________

From: Don Ely [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2008 10:19 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Small Fopah

Anyone ever seen a 600GB database?  How about 2 of them?

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 6:09 AM, Michael B. Smith
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        Microsoft guidance says that if you are doing streaming backups,
you should
        target 35 GB per store as an opti-max value, never exceeding 50
GB.

        If you are doing VSS backups, never exceed 100 GB.

        If you are doing continuous replication backups (that is,
backing up the
        passive copy), never exceed 200 GB.

        These are recommendations, not "we won't support you if you
exceed these
        values". The right answer for a given company for the maximum
size of a
        store is: whatever you can backup and restore within your SLA.

        MSFT recommends that you ignore SIS when planning for the size
of your
        mailbox stores.

        Regards,

        Michael B. Smith, MCITP:SA,EMA/MCSE/Exchange MVP
        My blog: http://TheEssentialExchange.com/blogs/michael
        Link with me at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/theessentialexchange