We had this situation for awhile, and ran a scheduled script on from one of our
servers to send out notification emails when their passwords were about to
expire.

________________________________
From: Ehren Benson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:41 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Password expiration notice for non windows users

Hi,

One difficulty we are having is we have a lot of users who have exchange
accounts in our exchange 2007 organization that do NOT actually log into
windows machines in the domain (mac users, linux users etc).  These people
either use entourage or other IMAP clients.  The problem we are having is that
when users passwords are about to expire or do expire they don't get notified
by exchange and then all the sudden they just can't log in or get mail.

Is there a way to make exchange warn users of expiring passwords via imap, owa,
entourage etc?

Thanks!

Ehren J. Benson, MCSE
Windows Systems Administrator
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Michigan State University
1209 A Biomed Phys Sci

517-884-5469

Note:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and
protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to
replying to the message and deleting it from your computer.