From: Martin Blackstone <mblackst...@gmail.com>
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues <exchangelist@lyris.sunbelt-software.com>
Sent: Sun Feb 22 14:28:54 2009
Subject: RE: Copy GAL to outlook contact folder

Have your phones properly configured with caller ID for starters. You call
me, and I see your name because that's how it should be setup.
WM/BES/Whatever, having everyone downloaded to your contacts folder is
awesome for about a month. Then people leave, new people come aboard,
changes happen and pretty soon it's all stale data. So unless you are in
this for the long run of maintaining that info, I would take some time to
show everyone the GAL lookup functions for email and outbound calling. And
if people want the added stuff, have them do their own or let their admins
do it.
99% of the time I have been asked for this and I explain what happens to the
data down the road (gets stale) people get it right away.