From: James Winzenz [mailto:james.winz...@pulte.com]
Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 5:28 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: question about modifying allowed senders to a distribution list

Good afternoon all,

We recently had an issue where a user was removed from being able to send TO
a distribution list that has been configured to only accept messages from
certain indivduals on the Exchange General tab.  Environment is Exchange
2003 SP2.  In ADUC, the object tab in the properties of the distribution
list shows that it was last modified on 2/2.  Yet the individual in question
indicated he was able to send to the distribution list as recently as last
Thursday (2/19).  There do not appear to be any security logs pertaining to
this change generated by any of our DC's (which I didn't really expect,
since this was an exchange property that was modified).  My question is this
- is this something that would be logged somewhere within Exchange?  If so,
would I need to have logging levels turned way up to find it (if so, too
late)?  Sorry, I always have the weird questions - please let me know if
more details are needed.  I have checked google, my googlefu is weak today .
. .

Thanks,

James Winzenz

Infrastructure Systems Engineer II - Security

Pulte Homes Information Services

Telefax: (602) 797-5823

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email may contain confidential and privileged
material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  Any review, use,
distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you have
by email and delete the message and any file attachments from your computer.
Thank you.

<<image001.jpg>>