When I recommend someone to deploy SCR, I recommend identical hardware.

The general goal of SCR is fault tolerance and site resilience. The SCR
hardware can't take over if it can't handle the load.

IMHO. YMMV.

From: 8400...@gmail.com [mailto:8400...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of jond
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 10:43 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2007 SCR -- Hardware?

For the people here using SCR in Exchange 2007 SP1, what kind of hardware
are you using relative to your production exchange boxes?
Are you finding that as long as you have enough hard drive space, that
processor and ram don't really matter or did you simply decide to run
identical hardware on both production and on the SCR server?

Thanks in advance,
Jon