From: Michael B. Smith [mailto:mich...@theessentialexchange.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 3:42 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RE: Exchange 2007 and VMWare

You can either use VMware's HA or Exchange's HA - but not both.

Note that that is the Microsoft support position and not VMware's.

Exchange 2007 works just fine in a virtualized environment. I've got a
number of deployments out there. Depending on I/O requirements and I/O
availability from your disk solution, you might consider putting the
mailbox
role on physical hardware and everything else on virtual.