HI Alex. Long time no hear from you!

IOPS delivered is always a concern. Depending on the I/O delivery mechanism,
virtualization may impact it. Or it may not. J

From: Alex Fontana [mailto:afontana...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:30 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Exchange 2007 and VMWare

Interesting statement...  Depending on the I/O availability from the disk
solution would be a matter of concern in a virtual and physical deployment,
not just in the virtual.  In all tests that I've performed I/O has not been
a concern for going physical over virtual.

IMO the only concern for virtualizing (on VMware at least) would be for
deployments where it is desired to exceed the 4 CPU limitation of the
virtual machine or Windows 2008 fail-over clusters are desired.

-alex

ps/ maybe i'm bias...;-)

On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 12:42 PM, Michael B. Smith