Guys,

Due to the budget issues here in California, my agency is down to the
wire with renewing our SSL cert for Exchange.  I've already told my
manager that we can easily go with one of the cheaper alternatives, and
have the same security, but she's really wanting to stick with Verisign.
Due to this, our SSL cert may end up expiring.  I've told her that the
impact would be that I would have to turn off OWA.  In addition,
wouldn't our phones be affected?  We're using Activesync on our Windows
Mobile devices, and requiring the SSL connection.  Would we be able to
make a secure SSL connection without the cert?  I'm thinking this is
possibly a stupid question, but my brain is really fuzzy this morning.

Joe Heaton

AISA

Employment Training Panel

1100 J Street, 4th Floor