hmmm, so no comment from anyone on the activesync/oma issue?

bill

wjh wrote:
Hi all,

I have an Exchange 2003 standalone box with some issues. All the iphone users are complaining about not syncing. I'm getting a lot of event ID 3007 activesync events in the application event viewer. The event states:

        "Exchange mailbox Server response timeout: Server:
        [server.company.com] User: [u...@company.com]. Exchange
        ActiveSync Server failed to communicate with the Exchange
        mailbox server in a timely manner. Verify that the Exchange
        mailbox Server is working correctly and is not overloaded."

I tried testing OMA in IE and that also times out. I get a more verbose event error (ID 1503 source MSExchangeOMA, but it I don't know if there is any useful information there or not:

        An unknown error occurred while processing the current request:
        Message: The operation has timed-out.
        Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider
        Stack trace:
           at
        Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.OmaWebRequest.GetResponse()
           at

Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices.GetSpecialFolders()
           at

Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.ExchangeDataProvider.ExchangeServices..ctor(UserInfo
        user)

        Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
        Source: mscorlib
        Stack trace:
           at
        System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke(BindingFlags
        invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
        culture, Boolean isBinderDefault)
           at
        System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags
        invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
        culture)
           at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags
        bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo
        culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
           at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags
        bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo
        culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
           at
        Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object
        sender, EventArgs e)

        Message: Exception of type
        Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.DataProviderInterface.ProviderException
        was thrown.
        EventMessage:
        UserMessage: A System error has occurred while processing your
        request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact
        your administrator.
        Source: Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface
        Stack trace:
           at
        Microsoft.Exchange.OMA.UserInterface.Global.Session_Start(Object
        sender, EventArgs e)
           at
        System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.RaiseOnStart(EventArgs
        e)
           at
        System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.CompleteAcquireState()
           at
        System.Web.SessionState.SessionStateModule.BeginAcquireState(Object
        source, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
           at

System.Web.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
           at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep
        step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Week before last, I restarted IIS and activesync worked for a day. I then went on vacation and no one else has looked at it. Now restarting IIS doesn't even cause a temporary fix.

I don't know if this has any bearing on this issue, but the exchange server is also throwing out several event ID 3667 events a day. Here is an example of this:

        Failed to create a new named property for database "First
        Storage Group\Mailbox Store (SERVER)" because the number of
        named properties reached the quota limit (8192).
         User attempting to create the named property: "SvcBB"
         Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
         Named property name/id: "X-vrpod"

The named property attempting to create seems to usually be the BB service account or "SYSTEM". I've tried to research this a bit, but can't find anywhere that states what kind of problems this event actually causes.

Thanks for reading this long post and thanks for any help you can provide.

Bill