So was I Murray, so was I...  Not for profit - check.  Only "blasted" our
membership - check.  Professional community - check.  Emails on-point to
organziation activiities - check.  No ads - check.  Etc.

Dont do it.  5-10 times a month is too much.  Sending spam from your
production network and servers is a monumental mistake that you do not want
to make.

When/if email flow stops because or DNSBL listings and/or ISPs block you
entirely (happened to me from multiple ISPs) you will have a hard time
explaining this if you were not originally against the idea.

Being classified as spam comes multiple ways:

   1. Direct reporting because a recipient is sick of it. This can happen if
   you have proper opt-out policies or not.  Some people report spam instead of
   unsubscribing.  Im pretty sure there are admins on this very list that
   promote the practice.  Google in fact has features in Gmail to dissuade it.
   2. Localized blacklisting because of content plus volume.
   3. Global blacklisting because of undetermined variables for reporting.
   4. ...  it goes on.

Blocking can and will take place in an unending variety of ways.  There are
no rules, and there are no standards.  Every ISP, every mail domain, will
all have varying anti-spam policies for blocking and reporting.

This is a game you cannot afford to play with your production environment.

--
ME2