i'd be interested in knowing exactly what the message headers say.

regardless if the message is actually in US-ASCII (UTF-7), if the headers say
to use UTF-22, then Outlook and OWA will use UTF-22.

________________________________
From: Graeme Carstairs [loonyto...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:07 AM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: E-mail that was sent, in english diplays in outlook Picture alphabet
chineese, japanese or similar

Hi there,

We have received an e-mail from a client which though sent in English is
displaying in Outlook and OWA in a picture based language, i.e Chinese or
similar.

Upon checking the RAW message on our spam filter it show it in both plain text
and HTML UTF-22 encoding as US -ASCII and quoted printable in fully readable
english

But when we look at it in Outlook or OWA it is in gibberish.

Viewing the source in Outlook also shows it as gibberish in the HTML format.
and gibberish in Plain text.

We are using Exchange 2007 and outlook 2007.

Any one got any ideas.,

Thanks in advance

Graeme

--
Good news everyone, you have just received and e-mail from me!

Mike Ditka<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mike_ditka.html>  - "If
God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms."

--
Good news everyone, you have just received and e-mail from me!

Pablo Picasso<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html>
- "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."