Hi again guys,
I have just run the get-exchangeserver | fl command and the entries that
Michael mentioned are all null or empty curly brackets, as below:

StaticDomainControllers           : {}
StaticGlobalCatalogs              : {}
StaticConfigDomainController      :
StaticExcludedDomainControllers   : {}
CurrentDomainControllers          : {}
CurrentGlobalCatalogs             : {}
CurrentConfigDomainController     :

There is another entry, "OriginatingServer", which has the value of the name
of my old DC.

Is it possible for me to manipulate these values to force Exchange to use my
new DC, do you think? Or again, this is probably asking for trouble later
on..?

Thanks again for everyone's help.

Kind regards,

Andrew