From: Carol Fee [c...@massbar.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 2:59 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Exchange 2007 Public Folder Issues

I'm in the process of setting up Exchange Server 2007 SP1 Enterprise on Windows
Server 2008 Standard.  Our single forest/domain is 2003 Native, and we have one
Server 2008 Domain Controller and three Server 2003 DC's.  All DC's are GC etc.
 The single E2K7 server is Hub/CAS/Mailbox.  I can send and receive email to a
test mailbox on the E2K7 server both internally and from the Internet, through
SMTP connector on the single E2K3 server.  To begin the process of migrating
the Public Folders, I replicated two ( each with sub folders ) from the E2K3 to
the E2K7 server.  Both the E2K3 and E2K7 mailbox databases point to the Public
Folder database on the E2K3 server.  I know the contents have replicated by
using EMS and get-publicfolderstatistics.My first problem is

I, personally can't see either of the two public folders which have been
replicated using Outlook 2003.  They don't even appear in the Public Folder
list.  This is true from multiple computers.  This is true for my personal
mailbox ( on E2K3 ) and my test mailbox on E2K7.  I can see the folders using
OWA to my E2K3 mailbox, but not to the E2K7 test mailbox.

The only other Domain Admin is unable to see one of the two replicated folders
using Outlook 2003 to his E2K3 mailbox.

All other users are able to see the entire Public Folder tree.

________________________________
Carol Fee
Network Administrator
617-338-0623