On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:17 AM, David W. McSpadden <dav...@imcu.com> wrote:
> Wondering what an 'MX' SPF directive might be??

"All the A records for all the MX records for domain are tested in
order of MX priority. If the client IP is found among them, this
mechanism matches."

(from http://www.openspf.org/SPF_Record_Syntax)

  So rather than specifying your mail exchanger's name or IP address
in the SPF record, you can just specify "mx".

  Reason it's a good idea to be explict during your migration is that
your MX records will be in flux.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:28 PM, David W. McSpadden <dav...@imcu.com> wrote:
> So I have these people with Iphones that want to send and receive emails as
> well.  If I spf the mx and ip they are still going to get refused ...

  It's not a question of the iPhone, but how mail is routed.  Can the
iPhone be configured to relay mail through your systems?  If so, do
that, problem solved.  If not, you're SOL.

-- Ben