From: Ben Scott [mailto:mailvor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2010 2:06 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Migrating SMTP email to Exchange 2003

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:17 AM, David W. McSpadden <dav...@imcu.com>
wrote:
> Wondering what an 'MX' SPF directive might be??

"All the A records for all the MX records for domain are tested in order of
MX priority. If the client IP is found among them, this mechanism matches."

(from http://www.openspf.org/SPF_Record_Syntax)

  So rather than specifying your mail exchanger's name or IP address in the
SPF record, you can just specify "mx".

  Reason it's a good idea to be explict during your migration is that your
MX records will be in flux.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:28 PM, David W. McSpadden <dav...@imcu.com> wrote:
> So I have these people with Iphones that want to send and receive
> emails as well.  If I spf the mx and ip they are still going to get
refused ...

  It's not a question of the iPhone, but how mail is routed.  Can the iPhone
be configured to relay mail through your systems?  If so, do that, problem
solved.  If not, you're SOL.

-- Ben