I don't use the Outlook plugin, and opt to manage the quarantine globally
(we're a small shop with ~50 users).  In that configuration there is no way
that an individual's Outlook settings can affect what the Barracuda does.  I
also seriously doubt that the Outlook plugin can cause changes to the
Barracuda's settings, but I don't know for sure since I've never deployed
it.

I have been cracking down hard on spam over the last several months after
getting a complaint from the company owner that his inbox was receiving too
much junk.  My current settings are to tag anything with a score of 2 to
2.9, quarantine 3 to 5.9, and block above 6.  I have the quarantined emails
delivered to me and I release and mark the false positives.  It's a minor
pain to deal with, but the amount of spam getting through is down to a
trickle.

I also block using Barracuda IP reputation (b.barracudacentral.org),
bl.spamcop.net, dnsbl.sorbs.net, and zen.spamhaus.org.