Wow...and I thought my domain was small with 1200 users.  Sadly, your solution
would be way too much of a headache for anything larger than your 50 users.

Larry

From: Richard Stovall [mailto:rich...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 09, 2010 3:40 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: Re: Barracuda Expertise

I don't use the Outlook plugin, and opt to manage the quarantine globally
(we're a small shop with ~50 users).  In that configuration there is no way
that an individual's Outlook settings can affect what the Barracuda does.  I
also seriously doubt that the Outlook plugin can cause changes to the
Barracuda's settings, but I don't know for sure since I've never deployed it.

I have been cracking down hard on spam over the last several months after
getting a complaint from the company owner that his inbox was receiving too
much junk.  My current settings are to tag anything with a score of 2 to 2.9,
quarantine 3 to 5.9, and block above 6.  I have the quarantined emails
delivered to me and I release and mark the false positives.  It's a minor pain
to deal with, but the amount of spam getting through is down to a trickle.

I also block using Barracuda IP reputation
(b.barracudacentral.org<http://b.barracudacentral.org>),
bl.spamcop.net<http://bl.spamcop.net>, dnsbl.sorbs.net<http://dnsbl.sorbs.net>,
and zen.spamhaus.org<http://zen.spamhaus.org>.

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 3:22 PM, Roger Wright