On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:20 PM, Doug Rooney <d...@sonomatilemakers.com> wrote:
> When I change a name in AD, how long until it propagates to Exchange?
> Or do I have to change it somewhere in ESM?

  What name did you change?  Display name?  User account name?
First/last detail names?  Exchange mail alias?  Internet email
address?

  Where/how are you seeing it not be changed?  ADU&C?  ESM?  Outlook
GAL?  Outlook nickname list (previously mailed addresses quick pick in
the "To" field)?

  Some changes happen more-or-less immediately.  You may have to wait
for AD replication, though.  Some don't happen until the Recipient
Update Service (RUS) runs.  I forget what the default is on that.  You
can force an immediateupdate run in ESM.  Some don't happen until the
Offline Address List (OAL) is  updated.  That defaults to daily.
Again, you can force a run in ESM.  These are all safe.

  Outlook nicknames have some brain damage around them involving
Exchange internals; if that's your issue, yell and I'll dig out my
notes.  If you do it wrong things break.

-- Ben