On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM, Doug Rooney <d...@sonomatilemakers.com>wrote:

> Our Marketing manager got married, I changed her last name in AD, both in
> the properties and the display name.

  Okay, so we're talking just the various "human-friendly names", and not
any account/alias/address names.

  And you did the rename from the list of users, not *just* by changing
fields in the properties dialog (like MBS said).  Okay.

> I forced a gpupdate and ran the Cleanup Agent and refreshed in ESM, but
> still shows her old last name in ESM and in the global contacts list.

  What about Recipient Update Services and Offline Address List, like I
mentioned in my other post?  I know Outlook in Cached Mode uses the OAL.

  (I actually don't think RUS cares about a display name change, but it's a
safe operation, so might as well try.  Just like GPUPDATE shouldn't have
anything to do with this.  :)  )

-- Ben